Day 1: October 22 – Tutorials, Workshops, Doctoral Consortium
- Tutorial: Introduction to User Experience Design for Interactive TV - Pablo Cesar CWI, Amsterdam, the Netherlands & Konstantinos Chorianopoulos, Ionian University, Greece. (Saturn Room)
- Workshop: Personalized TV Experiences and Authentication Methods - Markus Mund & Silja Hallmark, Swisscom, Zurich, Switzerland. (Jupiter Room)
- Tutorial: Ambient Media and Beyond - Artur Lugmayr, NAMU Labs, Finland. (Saturn Room)
- Workshop: Social Television and Video: Opportunities, Challenges, and Future Outlook - Noor Ali-Hasan, Microsoft TV, Mountain View, California. (Jupiter Room) Social TV Workshop Position Papers.
- Tutorial: Professional Editing Techniques to Enhance Video - Jonathan Smilowitz, Freelance Editor, Hollywood, California. (Saturn Room)
- Doctoral Consortium - The doctoral consortium provided a forum for doctoral students to present their early doctoral research. (Executive Conference Room)
- Opening Reception - Garden Court Hotel, Palo Alto, California
Days 2 & 3: October 23 & 24 - Invited Speakers, Long Papers, Posters, Demos
- Jakob Nielsen, Nielsen Norman Group, US – The guru of web page usability talks about television and the Internet.
- Elissa Lee, TiVo, US – Sr. Director, Research and ARM Product Management talks about TiVo user experience.
- Gunthar Hartwig, YouTube, US – Sr. UX Designer Interactive TV and Multimedia, talks about YouTube user experience.
- Dale Herigstad, Schematic, US – Chief Creative Officer, talks about interactive television.
- Long papers: Refereed long papers were presented in paper sessions and published in the AICPS: UXTV '08.
- Short papers: Refereed short papers were presented in paper sessions and published in the AICPS: UXTV '08 or presented as Posters.
- Demos - Demos of interesting TV and video products and prototypes were available to explore throughout the conference and demoers were available for discussion during a special session.
- San Francisco Bay Dinner Cruise aboard the California Hornblower, a majestic vessel, perfect for the world's most scenic waterway. Her three spacious salons feature full service bars, brass, teak and mahogany appointments. Large windows throughout provide spectacular views from every seat.
- Northern California: The conference adjourned early on Friday afternoon, to allow attendees to get a head start on exploring California, one of the most spectacular areas in the world.